What is the standard for making plastic bottle packaging
by：Yijianxing Plastic Products2020-04-04
In recent years, plastic bottle packaging has developed rapidly in China. Plastic bottles are lightweight, non-damaged, and healthy. At present, medical tablets, capsules, and packaging have gradually realized 'plastic' rather than 'glass.'
The dose of plastic bottle produced, if used improperly, the migration of trace elements will change the medicinal efficacy of the drug and even endanger life. Medicines are a special kind of product. Plastic bottle manufacturers must strictly control all aspects of production in order to maintain health and meet the relevant requirements of GMP. At the same time, they must also master relevant laws and regulations. At present, most of the medical plastic bottles, capsules, and pharmaceutical packaging, etc., so the plastic bottles produced must ensure that tablets and capsules are not easy to change water, heat to melt, explode, not easy to change color, exposed to light, decomposition, oxidation and pollution.
The varieties of plastic bottles include high-density polyethylene bottles (HDPE), polypropylene bottles (PP), polycarbonate bottles (PC), and polyester bottles (PET). In the early 1990s, a box of ethylene glycol naphthalate (PEN) plastic bottles performed better than PET, with high strength, heat resistance, UV radiation resistance, high carbon dioxide gas and oxygen barrier properties, and good chemical resistance. Excellent material for medicinal plastic bottles.
Because the specifications, colors, and shapes of current medical plastic bottles are different, the following main selection criteria should be grasped:
1. The bottle cap is sealed, and the steam is breathable. Air tightness and moisture permeability play a vital role in the stability of the charge.
2. Plastic bottle product quality standards. Analyze product quality from the manufacturer's product quality standards to determine if it is desirable. Pharmaceutical plastic bottle enterprises should formulate enterprise standards higher than national standards, and industry standards are more stringent.
3. Select the main raw materials and auxiliary formulas for plastic bottles: The product standards for solid plastic bottles are applicable main raw material regulations. They must meet the main raw materials such as non-toxicity and odor. Because there are many main raw materials, this needs to be selected as a raw material with comprehensive performance Tablets generally use high-density polyethylene, polypropylene bottles, etc. PET bottles can be used for pen bottles that are transparent and have good barrier properties. Polypropylene or polyethylene bottle esters, which are generally used in liquid pharmaceutical formulations, are the main raw materials.
4. Stability and compatibility of plastic bottles. The use of plastic bottles, especially the use of new plastic bottles (or new materials, new processes), should undergo advanced drug testing to check the stability and charge of the compatibility of plastic bottles with drugs. The mutual penetration, dissolution, adsorption, chemical reaction and denaturation of pharmaceutical plastic bottles can be determined through scientific testing.
5. Quality assurance system. Supplier audits to purchase plastic bottles have become an essential part. After the audit, the factory can make a comprehensive and correct assessment of the overall level of software and hardware facilities, technical equipment and quality.